Monday, November 7, 2011

Inside Our Brains

We begin this blog by introducing the part of ourselves that pushed us to pursue this endeavor. There were many things that we wanted to achieve with the conceptualization of this blog and none of it would have been possible without inspiration. We wanted you, our readers, to gain access into things that continuously push us to explore the world around us.


Books
 I, Elisha, have been a bookworm ever since I could remember. As a kid, my parents brought home books as pasalubongs instead of the usual Mcdo or Jollibee. The alternate reality present in the fictional books I read inspires me to challenge my thinking and imagination. Every fresh page I turn, serves as way to understand the complex world around me. I often ask myself, where would the world be without literature, and books? 


Muji notebook
My Muji notebook serves as my all-encompassing bestfriend. My emotions, rants, realizations, lightbulb moments and countless other complex observations can be reduced to comprehensible sentences in this notebook. Writing for most only counts merely as a hobby but writing for me has become my passion. There is no other way I can clearly express myself but through writing.




Lenses
 It was in the year 2009 when I, Thirdy, held my first own DSLR and frankly put I had no idea what to do with it. As time progressed, I was determined to learn the nitty gritty details of my DSLR's inner workings. Shutter speed, depth of field, bokeh, rule of thirds were some concepts that seemed alien to me at first but eventually became the same concepts I used every single day.


culinary books
 My daily encounter with food stems from my passion and expertise as a chef. Unknown to many, I cooked my very first sunny side up egg when I was 6 years old and can now cook a mean Eggs Benedict at the age of 19. Food is what defines who I am, and I firmly believe that one's mood can definitely affect one's cooking.




These are the main reasons why we came up with the Culture Vulture project. We believe that our different interests can not only be of use to us, but to others as well. Though we are amateurs who will definitely have a lot more to learn and discover, we hope you take this journey with us and let us share with you our story.


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment