Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Revenge



Revenge is a dish best served cold, the old saying goes but never did I expect it would be sinfully wrapped in a delicious American TV show with the same subject matter. This summer has been all about diving into TV series and I must say that the easiest I got addicted to was Revenge by ABC which stars Madeleine Stowe and Emily Van Camp. Admit it, everything we've watched in TV series basically have the same plot and storyline that we're just craving for something fresh and new to watch. Revenge is exactly what I've been looking for!


The story is about a woman named Amanda Clarke who seeks revenge against those that framed his father for terrorism when she was younger. Amanda returns with a new identity as Emily Thorne, in the privileged Southampton where her father's former co-workers reside. Every episode shows how she skillfully plans every downfall of those who framed her father. The series is a fresh approach to the usual privileged, beautiful setting a la Gossip Girl but even more interesting. Seeing the two sides of Amanda Clarke remind me of the Black Swan, the co-existence of two seemingly different personalities in a character. Emily Van Camp does a very good job personifying both good and bad characters.


Each episode feels like a roller coaster ride, as the plot thickens and thickens. There are many moments I found myself catching my breath with its intensity and pace. The way the series was structured makes every episode worth watching! I always want to quickly jump to the next episode just to see what happens next, and not a lot of TV series can actually do that nowadays.


If you're looking for a fresh new show to watch that is cunning and interesting, then you know what to download next!

No comments:

Post a Comment